Thursday 26 April 2018

Music Video Survey Results (Primary Research)

Below are results from the survey I conducted for research for my music video. I chose these questions particularly to display as these informed my music video.

Q1: From the results, it is clear that people have their own personal preference on their preferred type of music genre, and that there isn't a majority choice, therefore I will choose whichever song I wish.




Q2: From the results, it is clear that the majority prefer narrative style music videos by a long shot, I will take this into consideration when planning which style of music video to create. I feel that a narrative style video gives me more breathing room in terms of how creative I can be with my ideas.




Q3/Q4: From the results, it is evident that the majority think the music video should connect with the lyrics to help connote meaning of the lyrics. This I will try to achieve in my own music video.



Q5/Q6: This question does not inform my own video as such, as I cannot include the artist in my video, but I believe it is an important question as it can create brand identity within the industry, and also a relationship with fans. However, because the majority agreed that the artist should be included, I aim to create a narrative with a relatable protagonist.



Q7/Q8: From the results, I can see that the majority think editing is important in music videos; therefore, when editing my own video, I will ensure that the editing is precise and polished, in order to make the video look more professional. The results of question 8 also reveal the the participants feel that the editing can help to convey the message of the video or exaggerate the music, which will be important when creating a narrative-style video.



Overall, I believe this research technique was beneficial for me, regarding its ability to inform my decisions on this project. The survey is a great method of conducting your own research, as it allows you to design your own questions in order to gather the exact data you desire. One weakness of this particular survey is that I did not receive many responses, and those I acquired were of a similar age group. As a result I was not able to gain responses from a wide range of people, meaning I did not have a broad spectrum of answers. However, certain answers (particularly to questions 3 and 7) did help me decide what paths to take with my video, and therefore I believe the research had a successful outcome.







No comments:

Post a Comment